Monday, January 10, 2011

The Atonement

Recently I have been talking a lot about building faith and doing all the small and simple things to build and strengthen our relationship with our Heavenly Father. So I thought for today I would talk about something a little different and focus more on Christ and his Atonement. When i think about the Atonement the first thing that comes to mind is when Christ is Suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. I cant even imagine how hard that task would have been for him to take on. It was so intense that he even bled from every poor and an angel needed to come and minister unto him. We can only imagine what the angel said to comfort him and help him through the hard task he was going to be embarking on. When i think about that I start to realize all the pain that I have caused the savior and wish that I had not made so many mistakes and it gives me the extra strength I need to not make those same mistakes and to try to be like Christ and live the best life I can.  I know that we can be forgiven of our sins through Christ and his Atonement and that we need to repent while in this life because as it says in Alma 34: 32-33

"32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.

33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed."

So we need to use the time we have in this life and repent of our sins and come unto Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment