Friday, March 18, 2011

Giving Thanks

The other day I was reading in the Doctrine and Covenants in section 50 and there was a couple of verses that stood out to me. It was verses 34 and 35 they say:
"34 He that receiveth of God, let him account it of God; and let him rejoice that he is accounted of God worthy to receive.
35 And by giving heed and doing these things which ye have received, and which ye shall hereafter receive—and the kingdom is given you of the Father, and power to overcome all things which are not ordained of him"
As I was reading this I thought about all the times that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have communicated with me through the Spirit and all the times I have just said to myself thanks that's what I needed or just taken a prompting for granite. But how many of us actually take the time to thank our Heavenly Father for giving us those promptings? How many of us rejoice because God has accounted us worthy to receive that enlightenment? I know for me I have not always been the best at thanking God for everything He has done for me in answering my prayers. I think if we all will take the time to thank God for all the things He does for us on a daily basis He is going to continue to enlighten us even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment